Working remotely is the new normal.
We are sharing resources to help employers and employees become more productive while working remotely with teams to keep workflow moving forward. Some might be familiar; some are free or have an affordable fee for small teams or individual users. So hold those client project meetings, share how-to webinars, and keep work flowing!
Virtual Meeting Technology Options
Starting this week, Google will begin rolling out free access to advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities to all G Suite and G Suite for Education customers globally including:
- Larger meetings, for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers within a domain
- The ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive
These features are typically available in the Enterprise edition of G Suite and in G Suite Enterprise for Education, and will be available at no additional cost to all customers until July 1, 2020.
COST: Basic rate is $6 per user per month
Communication software product developed by Google.
- Video Call
- Phone Call
- Text Message
Hangouts syncs automatically across devices. If you begin a Hangout on your computer, you can continue your chat on another device, like your phone.
What you'll need to use Hangouts
- A Google Account.
- A computer or phone with a camera and microphone.
- An Internet or data connection.
YouTube Live Stream
Considered "social streaming" and an easy way to reach your audience in real time. Whether you're hosting a live event, Q&A, or teaching a class, these tools will help you manage your stream and interact with viewers in real time. There are a few ways you can live stream on YouTube, including:
- Webcam: Live streaming via webcam is an easy way to go live without the need for an encoder. Start streaming from your laptop/desktop computer using your webcam.
- Mobile: Streaming on mobile lets you stream from the YouTube app. Others social streaming services include: Facebook Live and Instagram
Live COST: ALL FREE
Powerful communication and collaboration platform. With Zoom you have multiple options via desktop or mobile:
- Video Conferencing
- Online Meetings
- Live or recorded
*At Ben Franklin Learning Center, we use Zoom for all our remote meetings and webinars.
COST: Free up to 40 minute meeting + up to 100 attendees version
Open online communication channels with internal and external teams. Slack is the collaboration software for connected teams. Slack brings all your communication together.
- Group and direct messaging
- Voice & video calls
- Integration with 2,000+ apps
- Easy file sharing
Teamwork in Slack happens in channels — a single place for messaging, tools and files.
COST: FREE version for small teams
Other options include FREE TeamViewer for personal use
Keep the Work Flowing with eSignature Solutions DottedSign the Line & Save Some Time. Close the deal! The smartest eSignature solution for you to sign, assign & manage documents online to grow your business.
Cost: FREE One User with 3 signers or Free $4.99 level with 30 day trial unlimited signers Read reviews about E-Signature Software
Watch Video: Effectively Working With and Managing Remote Workers
Mark Squeglia has been working remote for 12 years and started managing remote workers 10 years ago. Mark has plenty of experience, stories to tell and a framework for success to share. In this webinar, he covers a variety of issues to help you become more effective at making your
#VirtualWork More Human.
Learn how to better:
- Challenges for managing teams working remote
- Challenges for individuals working remote
- Solutions to the challenges
- How do we a manage the work
If you are a remote worker, external resource, manager or considering #remotework opportunities, this webinar is for you.